Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017 Groupies

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

As I arrived at the library, as I often do when I want to spend uninterrupted time working on my next book (A Promise of American Liberty), I had forgotten that today was the day we would be witnessing a Solar Eclipse (Total in some parts of the country, but a Partial Eclipse here in Southern California).  The crowd outside was massive, with kids and adults alike wearing special glasses so that they could watch the semi-rare occurrence in the sky (some kind of solar eclipse takes place somewhere in Earth's sky at least twice per year).

In the 1970s, when I was in elementary school, we went out into the school parking lot with pieces of paper with a hole punched in it to view a total eclipse, or at least the partial view of the total eclipse were were able to see down here in the Los Angeles Basin).  I was amazed as a young man, and I have loved science my whole life (it ranks real close to history, with me).

That's why pseudo-science like man-made climate change and the theory of evolution drives me nuts.  Those are not science, they are a use of science to fulfill an agenda.

I didn't stand outside to watch the eclipse, this time.  I'll leave that to the wide-eyed kids who are in awe of what they are watching.  It's neat, don't get me wrong, but I've seen it. . . and I do in fact love that kind of thing.  But, there's a fine line between worshiping the Creator, and worshiping his creation.

Besides, we live in an age of technology.  I watched it from an angle in Oregon on my computer.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: